Nine tips on how to increase hair removal effectiveness and prevent side effects
There are many hair removal techniques you can use — shaving, waxing, tweezing, laser treatments etc — and all have their advantages and disadvantages. No matter which method you use to remove unwanted hair, here are some tips that can be very helpful in reducing side effects and increasing effectiveness:
- Avoid applying alcohol-based solutions on the skin after a hair removal procedure. In spite of common beliefs, alcohol can irritate your skin instead of revitalizing it.
- After removing unwanted hair, the best way to soothe the skin is to use baby oil instead of alcohol. Baby oil is perfect for sensitive skin and can prevent or reduce irritations.
- Use wax or depilatory creams instead of shaving, as they last longer. If you choose to wax, it is recommended that you use wax stripes or go to cosmetician. It can be risky to use hot wax yourself, because, if not heated properly, it can burn your skin.
- If you want to use a depilatory cream, try to find one that contains only natural ingredients, as some chemical solutions can harm your skin.
- If you prefer shaving, never let anyone else use your razor, as you can get skin infections or other diseases.
- Shave with a sharp razor, as blunted blades can irritate your skin. Moreover, can not even remove all the unwanted hair.
- Take a warm bath before hair removal. The warm water will make your hair softer, calm your skin and open follicles.
- Do not shave immediately after you wake up, as your skin may be puffy and can make hair removal more difficult. Wait at least 30 minutes and then start shaving.
- Exfoliate your skin at least once a weak, to prevent the occurrence of ingrown hairs.